In Menegassi v. Shinseki, 638 F.3d 1379 (2011), the Federal Circuit held that an examination by a mental health professional, even one performed many years after the alleged assault, can be used to satisfy the corroboration of stressor requirement in a PTSD claim.
Posted on Feb 27, 2012
Get Help Now
Fill out the form below to connect with us, and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case.
- Posted on 08/16/2021 PTSD Statistics Show You're Not Alone
- Posted on 08/02/2021 The History of PTSD Among U.S. Veterans
- Posted on 07/01/2021 4 Things You Should Know About PTSD Claims for Military Sexual Trauma
- As a Vietnam Veteran, the battle to prove service-connection for PTSD and prove a 100 percent unemployability rating.
- A female veteran who was a victim of MST, developed PTSD and was homeless for years. Attorney Sean Kendall was able to attain a 100% disability rating for her. C. E., Michigan
- Vietnam Veteran awarded nearly $100,000 in backpay and 100% disability rating. F. C., Massachusetts