COVID-19 Coronavirus Veterans Appeal Eligibility Attorney

COVID-19 Updates to the VA Appeals Process

Yes. The VA has made several updates to processes and procedures to accommodate. The VA has gone 100% virtual. They are able to issue checks from home and get people paid.

The VA is doing the following:

  • Informal conference hearings by telephone or video conferencing when needed.
  • Conducting formal hearings before the Board of Veterans' Appeals by video conference. 
  • Collecting information remotely via phone or teleconference when possible, to process grant appeals.
  • Conducting examinations for disability benefits using tele-compensation and pension or “tele-C&P” exams. If an in-person examination is required, Veterans will be notified for scheduling.

If You Are Not Happy With the Answer You Received From the VA Regional Office, You Can and Should Appeal. 

To appeal the decision, unless your claim is an older "legacy" appeal, you now have three optiohs; complete a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) appeal to the Board, appeal by filing a request for Higher Level Review, or appeal by filing a Supplemental Claim. This is your opportunity to explain why you disagree with VA's original decision, introduce evidenc or have a hearing.  When you complete the NOD you have the opportunity to request a hearing with the Board of Veterans' Appeals (BVA), which sometimes is beneficial. If you still don't get a favorable answere from the BVA you can take your case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. It is statistically beneficial for you to consult with a private attorney, who is experience with Veteran Affairs, during the appeals process with the BVA and/or the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. We can walk you through the changes, call us at (877) 629-1712 and we'll fill you in.