A veteran asks: I'm currently being paid at the 100% rate with an overall rating of 90%, for umemployability and PTSD plus diebetes. How can I get my current rating upgraded to 100% scheduler? 
Answer:  Payment at the 100 percent rate for unemployability is the same as a 100 percent scheduler rating. If you are not already rated 100 percent permanent and total, you may want to ask for that because, by being rated permanent and total, you receive additional benefits from the federal government.
Some states award additional benefits to veterans rated at 100 percent scheduler that are not available to veterans that have a 100 percent unemployability rating, even if the unemployability rating is considered permanent and total by the VA.  You can file a claim to have your disabilities rated at the 100 percent rate.  However, this can be difficult, because the VA does not add the percentages of disabilies together, instead, they combine them using "VA Math".  See my blog post here about "VA Math."
Join The Conversation
Richard 09/27/2012 02:51 PM
I have 100 percent unemployability. Before that I was rated at 90. My question is, I recently asked for an increase for one of my disabilities. Since im paid at 100 already, should i expect retro pay for my other disability inrcrease?
Post A Reply
Sean Kendall 09/27/2012 04:22 PM
It depends on the disability and the date of your claim. A veteran can receive more than 100 percent, through Special Monthly Compensation. See this case: http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files3/0821831.txt However, your retroactive benefits generally do not go before the date of your claim. Since you are already at 100 percent, and your claim is filed after you being at 100 percent, there is no additional compensation.
Post A Reply
Paul Davidson 12/27/2014 07:49 PM
Great article. Thanks for the info, you made it easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out an Application to increase compensation due to unemployability VA form 21-8940, I found a blank form in this link http://goo.gl/XdjKrF. This site PDFfiller also has some tutorials how to fill it out and a few related Veterans forms that you might find useful.
Post A Reply
Quyen 10/03/2016 09:30 AM
Thanks a lot, this really is a truly awsome article! I need help with this too! Try PDFfiller to fill ALLY 3071 Joint here https://goo.gl/JA1CHd It allows you to to fill out PDF files.
Post A Reply
Post A Comment